We are pleased to announce that we will be starting up Sunday church services again. We feel that now restrictions have eased it seems appropriate to try to meet again in person, doing so in a way that keeps people safe.
Here is what we have planned…
Services to Re-start from 9th May
We will be returning with a short service on Sundays from Sunday 9th May 2021, at our usual time of 10:30am. This will be about 30-40min long.
We will will need to continue to adhere to Baptist Union and Government guidelines as we did in the autumn. This currently includes:
1. Sit only with those from your own household, maintaining 2m social distancing from other households.
2. Face masks MUST be worn when inside the building at all times, unless you are under 11 years of age or you are unable to do so because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability.
3. Follow the one way system that will be in place. You will be directed to enter the building via the fire exit to the right of the building and leave through the main entrance.
4. Leave the building promptly at the end of the service. However, it is permitted to gather in smaller groups of 6 outdoors after the service, providing you maintain social distance.
5. Be willing for us to hold details of your attendance for the Government’s Track & Trace system.
6. Generally follow advice, signs and instructions from those leading/supervising so that together we ensure a safe experience for all.
We will no longer be live-streaming on YouTube
We will no longer be able to broadcast the service on YouTube. For those not yet able to attend in person we would instead direct people to other content online or join us on a Thursday on zoom.
Children & Young Church
We encourage children that wish to, to attend but must do so with their own household and stay with their household throughout the service. It will be the parents/guardians responsibility to manage this. We do appreciate this is quite hard and anticipate that those with younger children may not be quite ready to return yet for this reason.
However, the service will only be short, and we will try to keep content all-age appropriate.
Thursdays on Zoom will Continue
The Thursday meet-up on zoom will continue at 7:30pm and will continue for the foreseeable future.
See http://wvbc.org.uk/together for details.
Church will be different to our ‘normal’ experience , as there will continue to be many constraints on how and what we are able to do. For example, currently it is not possible to sing together in church.
Things will change in the coming months so any plans we may make now will always be subject to change based on the latest guidance and current situation.
We ask for your continued prayers as we journey together in the coming months, and look forward to seeing you soon whether that be online or in person.
We wish you every blessing in Christ